Devastating Nepal Earthquake Kills More Than 1,300 People
How the Clinton Foundation Revelations Will Hamstring Hillary’s Campaign
Did Comcast’s Terrible Customer Service Doom Its Merger With Time Warner Cable?
Five Weeks of Iceland’s Northern Lights in a Staggering Time-Lapse
Bruce Jenner Comes Out as Transgender in Emotional Interview
Meet the Sustainable City of the Future
(Psst. It’s Los Angeles.)
Pseudoscience in the Witness Box
The FBI faked an entire field of forensic science.
Apr 26, 12:44 AM - DANIEL POLITI - 2M to read The Best Joke of the White House Correspondents’ Dinner (and 11 Runners Up)
Apr 25, 11:52 PM - DANIEL POLITI - 1M to read Freddie Gray Protest in Baltimore Turns Violent, 12 Arrested
Apr 25, 10:45 PM - DANIEL POLITI - 1M to read Updated: Devastating Nepal Earthquake Kills More Than 1,900, Triggers Everest Avalanche
Apr 25, 6:59 PM - LILY HAY NEWMAN - 1M to read After Nepal Earthquake, Facebook and Google Offer Safety Check-In Features
Apr 25, 2:44 PM - DANIEL POLITI - 1M to read Brian Williams May Have Lied to The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart
Apr 25, 2:11 PM - SHARAN SHETTY The Darkness’ “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” Sounds Surprisingly Good as a Jazz Song
Apr 25, 12:16 PM - SHARAN SHETTY - 1M to read Here Is What Jared Leto’s Joker Will Look Like. (Spoiler: It’s Terrifying.)
Apr 25, 8:33 AM - LISA LARSON-WALKER - 2M to read Asylum Seekers and Explosions of Color This Week in Pictures
Apr 24, 10:12 PM - JEFFREY BLOOMER - 1M to read Watch Bruce Jenner Come Out as Transgender in Emotional Interview
- Breaking Down the Most Important Baseball Stat You Don't Understand The President Will Not See You Now: Sue's Best Zingers On Veep
- Watch Five Weeks of Iceland's Northern Lights in One Staggering Time-Lapse These Five iPhone Hacks Will Make You a Power User
- The Strangest Things To Make With Girl Scout Cookies Recently Released Footage From Inside the Gum 29 Nebula
- The Mystery of Strange Images from NASA's Dawn Spacecraft The Three Universal Truths When Cleaning Your Cast Iron Skillet
Predator in the Family
My husband had a long affair with his aunt—starting when he was 16.
Show and Tell
He Said/She Said
The Overwhelming Calm of Kyoto’s Buddhist Temples
What It’s Like to Have Down Syndrome—and Care for a Sister With Disabilities
This Photographer Spent 1,021 Days Traveling the World. Here’s What He Saw.
Recreating the Middle Ages as They Should Have Been
You Don’t Have to Be High to Think These Photos of Marijuana Buds Are Far Out
What Life Is Like on Brown University’s All-Female Rugby Team
These Inspiring Women Are the Firsts in Their Fields
Why Cats Make the Perfect Sidekicks for Artists
- Working How Does a Home-Birth Midwife Work?
- Slate Money Clever People Tell You How to Change Your Life
- The Gist Grandpa Dates Young Women in the Philippines, Thailand, and Mexico. What Does Dear Prudence Have to Say?
- Political Gabfest Will the Supremes Make Marriage Equality the Law of the Land?
Reinventing the Wheel The bike has become a symbol of poverty in China, but cycling enthusiasts are trying to make it a vehicle for individual expression.
Harvard Students Are Clueless About Fighting Fossil Fuels. They Could Learn a Thing or Two From Stanford.
Inside Higher Ed
How to Quit Cat GIFs Anti-distraction software can help solve your procrastination habit.
Tab Roulette! Slate’s business and tech writers share what they’re reading, whether they want to or not.
Is This Basketball? A field guide to the grisly circus that is the Eastern Conference playoffs.