No One Is Stoking an Anti-Police Movement
America just wants better policing.
More Benghazi Hearings Are on the Way. What Exactly Do Republicans Hope Will Come of Them?
Why Have Air-Sick Bags Become So Uncommon? Are Passengers Vomiting Less?
Dec 22, 1:03 AM - WILLA PASKIN - 3M to read Homeland Really Did Get Good Again. But Let’s Hope It’s Always a Little Bit Crazy.
Dec 21, 11:52 PM - MULTIPLE AUTHORS Who’s the Best NBA Analogue for Every President? (Ronald Reagan Is Kobe Bryant.)
Dec 21, 11:43 PM - DAN KOIS - 1M to read See Eleanor Davis' Rejected Sketches for Her Adorable Seasonal Google Doodle GIFs
Dec 21, 11:42 PM - S. SHETTY & M. KRULE - 5M to read Did the Finale of The Affair Save the Series or Ruin It for Good? Two Perspectives.
Dec 21, 9:29 PM - MELINDA WENNER MOYER - 5M to read Pumping and Dumping Is Pointless. Drinking While Breast-Feeding Is Fine.
Dec 21, 8:31 PM - BEN BLATT - 4M to read Santa Claus’ Magic Sleigh Ride Is Highly Inefficient. So We Made Him a Better Itinerary.
Dec 21, 4:26 PM - JAMELLE BOUIE - 5M to read No One Is Stoking an Anti-Police Movement. We Just Want Better Policing.
Dec 21, 4:23 PM - LILY HAY NEWMAN - 2M to read Baltimore Police Sent a Fax and Teletype to Reach NYPD Ahead of Brooklyn Cop Shooting
Dec 21, 1:39 PM - DANIEL POLITI - 1M to read Sony: We Will Release The Interview (Just Don’t Know When or How)
Dec 21, 1:11 PM - SHARAN SHETTY Mike Myers Returns as Dr. Evil to Mock North Korea and the Sony Hacks
Dec 21, 11:02 AM - DANIEL POLITI - 1M to read Police Officer Shot and Killed in Tarpon Springs, Florida
Dec 21, 10:20 AM - DANIEL POLITI - 1M to read NY Police Union: Blood of Murdered Officers Is on Hands of Mayor, Protesters
- The Amazing Chemical Reaction When Sperm Meets an Egg Stephen Colbert’s Best Musical Moments on The Colbert Report
- Violence in Holiday Movies Watch the Navy's New Laser Destroy Things
- Does Alcohol Actually Warm Up Your Body? Nifty Things You Didn’t Know Your iPhone 6 Could Do
- We Gave O.T. Genasis’ “CoCo” the Seasonal Music Video It Deserves How Dinosaurs Really Walked
Can’t Take a Joke
My family mercilessly teases to show affection, but my boyfriend doesn’t get it.
Unhelpful Holiday Sister-in-Law
I Saw Mommy Being Santa Claus
Fit to Be Untied
Hip-Hop Hustle in the South’s Small Towns
How a French Photographer Captured a Seminal Period in American History
These Beautiful Old Books Are a Bibliophile’s Dream
What It’s Like to Be a U.S. Marshal
What Hollywood Movie Sets Look Like When the Camera Stops Rolling
Some of the World’s Coolest Animals Don’t Have Spines
When Celebrity Photography Was Cool
America’s Quirky Rest Stops Are Vanishing
- Slate Money Slate Money on the Russian Ruble, Dodd-Frank, the Sony Hack, and Cuba
- The Gist Why These Two Daily Show Writers and Their Friend Stuart Dabble in Podcasting
- Live at Politics & Prose Jesmyn Ward Discusses Men We Reaped, Her Gripping Memoir
- Political Gabfest Why Aren’t Republican Presidential Hopefuls Scared of Jeb Bush?
What Happened at Slate This Week? Staff writer Lily Hay Newman shares what stories intrigued her at the magazine this week.
How Creative Is Your Computer? The Lovelace test is a better measure of artificial intelligence than the Turing test.
Squash vs. Baseball! Wrestling vs. Golf! Good riddance to the days when sports had to fight each other for Olympic survival.