Bobby Jindal’s Presidential Rollout Is Off to a Terrible Start
While other candidates went to Iowa, Jindal headlined an evangelical revival.
Looking for a Reliable High-Yield Investment? Install LED Light Bulbs.
Jan 28, 1:24 PM - J. B. LOWDER & C. LESPERANCE - 1M to read Why Are Gays So Critical of HRC, GLAAD, and Other Advocacy Groups? (Video.)
Jan 28, 1:22 PM - AMANDA MARCOTTE - 2M to read Another Sign That Men's Magazines Are Changing: Men's Health Denounces "Pick-Up Artists"
Jan 28, 1:03 PM - JOSHUA KEATING - 2M to read Two Israeli Soldiers Are Killed as Israel Gets Pulled Deeper Into the Syrian War
Jan 28, 12:50 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY This Sinkhole That Ate a Car in Maryland Is a Pretty Good Sinkhole
Jan 28, 12:17 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read Convictions for 1961 Civil Rights Sit-In Thrown Out in South Carolina
Jan 28, 12:13 PM - DAVE SMITH - 1M to read This Is What Happens When You Press “Insane Mode” in Tesla’s Dual-Motor Model S
Jan 28, 11:56 AM - 99% INVISIBLE - 4M to read The Murder Mystery Legend Behind Austin’s Iconic Moonlight Towers
Jan 28, 11:55 AM - REBECCA ONION - 1M to read Jefferson’s Outline of the Differences Between Northerners and Southerners
Jan 28, 11:53 AM - M. VUOLO & C. WADE - SLATE PLUS Every Episode From the First Half of Slate’s Season 5 Walking Dead Podcast
Jan 28, 11:02 AM - SARAH ARCHER - 4M to read Why The Americans’ Set Design Is Far Less Simple Than It Looks
- A Powerful Sundance Film in the Wake of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown Adam Scott and Jason Schwartzman on Wearing Huge Prosthetic Penises
- Slash on His Favorite Horror Movies Director Craig Zobel on Faith vs. Science in His New Post-Apocalyptic Drama
- Sundance Star Shameik Moore on Music He Jams to Why Craig Zobel Cast Chiwetel Ejiofor in a Post-Apocalyptic Story
- Quinto on J.C. Chandor's Upcoming Movie About the BP Oil Spill Zachary Quinto on Why He Wanted to Make a Movie About an "Ex-Gay" Activist
Prudie advises a mother whose baby won’t sleep through the night, making it hard to have sex.
The Lonely Gene
She Had Him First
The Right to Bear Arms?
No Boys Allowed
A Gorgeous Look at Some of the Oldest Trees on Earth
The Many Modern-Day Kings and Queens of Nigeria
How Much Can You Tell About a Person From a Simple Photograph?
Exploring Shanghai With Sidecar Motorcyclists
It Is Illegal to Kiss With a Mustache in Nevada, and Other Crazy U.S. State Laws
How a Daughter Connected With Her Hunting Heritage Without Actually Hunting
No Matter What You’re Into, There’s Probably a Convention for You
Can You Find the German Snipers and Experts in Camouflage Hiding in These Photos?
The Myth of the Good Guy With a Gun The NRA is wrong: Owning a gun is far more likely to harm you than protect you.
- The Gist Chris Christie and the Smack Talk Express
- The Gist Why Windows 10? Because 7 Ate 9.
- Hang Up And Listen An Interview With Tennis Player Tim Smyczek About His Great Moment of Sportsmanship
- Lexicon Valley Masha Gessen on Translating Anna Karenina
How the Koch Brothers Could Make, Break, or Reshape Republican Politics in 2016 Charles and David Koch are putting $900 million into the 2016 race. How they can make, break, or reshape Republican politics.
Slate Voice: “American Liar” Listen to Mark Joseph Stern read his piece about Jesse Ventura’s defamation suit against Chris Kyle.
Oh, Alabama. Not Roy Moore Again? The Ten Commandments chief justice is back, and he has not evolved.
Dear Patriots Haters A message from a Pats fan to all the chafing, crybaby chumps out there.