The Imperfect Victim
Galen Baughman seemed like an ideal spokesman for sex offenders’ civil rights. Then he got arrested for texting a teenage boy.
Duolingo’s New Vocabulary
The company made learning languages into a game. Now it wants to make billions by serving as the gatekeeper to English-speaking jobs.
- Times Reporter Says U.S. Is Wrong About Critical Detail in Doctors Without Borders Report
- Onetime Trump-Hater Marco Rubio Says Trump Should Maybe Be the GOP Nominee
- Doctors in Houston Prepare the Pregnant and Would-Be Pregnant for a Zika Outbreak
- Garland Watch: SCOTUS Nominee Mistaken for Robert Durst, Still Getting No Hearings
Can America’s Largest Protestant Denomination Stop Trump?
The Southern Baptist Convention takes on the GOP front-runner—and itself.
Duolingo Made Language Learning Fun. Can It Do the Same for Language Testing?
Can America’s Largest Protestant Denomination Do Anything to Stop Donald Trump?
- A Tribute to Citizen Kane, From the Movies All of Jamie Vardy's Goals In One Video
- Yes, These Two Objects Are the Same Size. House Slate’s Review of the Game of Thrones Season 6 Premiere
- The First and Final Frames of TV Shows If Keanu Was About the Human Keanu
- Watch NASA's Incredibly Detailed Shots of the Northern Lights From Space How We Map the World's Oceans
I Won’t Be Your Father Figure
My boyfriend raised my twins but won’t let them call him “Dad.”
Man of My Middling Dreams
Lost to Lust
Help! Should I Tell My Friend That She’s Not a Virgin?
The Silent Sexuality
Here’s Why Drag Queens Around the World Love This Photographer
A Chinese Artist Addresses Food Safety and Other Social Issues by Hiding in His Photographs
What Exactly Is Life After Death if You’re a Cryonicist?
What It’s Like to Learn to Be a Real-Life Crime Scene Investigator
Where the Rich, Famous, and Beautiful Go for a Swim
These Gorgeous Images Are What Happens When Science and Photography Collide
What One Photographer Saw Traveling the U.S. by Train
“Female Masking” Is Proof That There Is a Fetish Community for Everything
- The Gist He Was the Second Astronaut on the Moon, but He’s the First Astronaut on The Gist
- Best of Slate Podcasts Can Ted Cruz Pull a Rabbit Out of an Indiana-Shaped Hat? The Week’s Best Slate Podcasts.
- Live at Politics & Prose Wayne Pacelle Discusses His New Book, The Humane Economy
- Mom and Dad Are Fighting You Just Gotta Listen to These Great Stories About Great Moms