The XX Factor
This Year, Oscars Fashion Was a Festival of Accessories
Feb 27, 4:25 AM - AISHA HARRIS - 4M to read Forget the Embarrassing Mix-up. The Real Story Is Moonlight’s Historic Win.
Feb 27, 3:44 AM - J. LEVIN & M. MARTINELLI - 3M to read A Scientific Ranking of the Winners and Losers of the La La Land / Moonlight Best Picture Fiasco
Feb 27, 3:25 AM - M. DESSEM & A. MORALI - 1M to read What Actually Happened During That Awful Oscar Gaffe? Let’s Review the Tape.
Feb 27, 3:13 AM - WILLA PASKIN - 4M to read The 2017 Oscars Transformed From a Tepid Rejoinder to Trump Into a Full-Fledged Liberal Fantasy
Feb 27, 2:24 AM - J. MOLLI & I. RASSOULI Relive the Wildest Moment in Oscar History in Six Agonizing GIFs
Feb 27, 1:29 AM - MARISSA MARTINELLI M. Night Shyamalan Takes Credit for This Year’s Shocking Oscars Twist
Feb 27, 12:47 AM - DAN KOIS - 1M to read Watch the Incredible Twist Ending that Made the 2017 Oscars the Most Fun Ever
Feb 27, 12:39 AM - SLATE STAFF - 1M to read How Slate Responded to Moonlight’s Shocking Best Picture Win
Feb 27, 12:34 AM - SAM ADAMS - 1M to read Barry Jenkins’ Speech for Moonlight’s Best Screenplay Oscar: “We Have Your Back”
Feb 27, 12:25 AM - MATTHEW DESSEM - 1M to read “Who’s Really In the Zoo?” Asks Jimmy Kimmel in This Existentially Horrifying Oscars Bit
Feb 27, 12:02 AM - DAVID CANFIELD - 1M to read The Oscars Did a Special Edition of Mean Tweets, and the Miles Teller Burn Was Perfect
Feb 26, 11:09 PM - CHRISTINA CAUTERUCCI - 3M to read This Year, Oscars Fashion Was a Festival of Accessories
Feb 26, 11:04 PM - MATTHEW DESSEM - 1M to read Watch Justin Timberlake Open the Oscars With His Protest Song, “Can’t Stop the Feeling”
Feb 26, 10:53 PM - MARISSA MARTINELLI - 1M to read Auli’i Cravalho’s Oscar Performance Proved She Should Star in Live-Action Movies, Too
- How Honey Bee Hives Changed the Internet What It's Like to Find Your Calling as a Breast Animator
- "Refugees Pose Less of a Threat Than Trump. And They Pay More Taxes." An Urban Animal Rescuer Goes to Work
- Cityscapes Created Inside Toilet Paper Rolls The "Black Mambas," an All-Female Unit Protecting Rhinos From Poachers
- Watch Microscopic Reactions That Look Like Surreal Hollywood Effects No One Funny-Cried Better Than Mary Tyler Moore
My boyfriend says, “Good girl!” to me, and I like it.
Dear Prudence: The “Cats Can Be Gay” Edition
Don’t Mess With Ex-Texts
Help! My Boyfriend’s Addicted to Porn, and It’s Ruining Our Sex Life.
- Slate Money One More Reason Why You Should Consider Deleting Uber
- The Gist George Saunders Travels the Afterlife With Abraham Lincoln’s Son
- Represent Looking Back at the Historic 2002 Oscars
- Political Gabfest Is This the Deportation Force Trump Was Never Going to Create?
Trump Is the Government His flap with the FBI—and his disregard for agencies in his own administration—reveals a presidency of dangerous self-centeredness and isolation.
Trump’s Silence About Two Indians Shot in Kansas Tells You Everything You Need to Know About Trump’s America
Steve Mnuchin Is Happy to Give Trump Credit for the Booming Stock Market. We’ll See How Long That Lasts.
Worse Than Tuskegee Seventy years ago, American researchers infected Guatemalans with syphilis and gonorrhea, then left without treating them. Their families are still waiting for help.
“That Was My Play!” The future of sports just might be the Screaming Eagles, a football team controlled by fans with smartphones.