Meet the New Bosses
How the Republicans would run the Senate.
The Government Is Giving Millions of Dollars in Electric-Car Subsidies to the Wrong Drivers
Sep 22, 9:39 AM - TONY MANFRED - 2M to read Adrian Peterson Has a Terrible Contract, and Cutting Him Would Save the Vikings a Lot of Money
Sep 22, 9:12 AM - MARK VANHOENACKER - 3M to read What Is This Singaporean Road Sign Trying to Tell Us?
Sep 22, 9:04 AM - MARK JOSEPH STERN - 1M to read When Frank Sinatra Thanked George Bush for Trying to Outlaw Flag Burning
Sep 22, 8:07 AM - QUORA CONTRIBUTOR - 3M to read Why Haven’t the Philadelphia Eagles Ever Won a Super Bowl?
Sep 22, 7:47 AM - MATHEW BURROWS - 6M to read For a Decade, I Predicted the Future for the U.S. Government
Sep 21, 11:44 PM - DAN JURAFSKY - 7M to read You’re Not Imagining It—Food Names Sound Like They Taste
Sep 21, 11:38 PM - PATRIC M. VERRONE - 5M to read A Futurama Writer on How the Show Depicted Asymmetrical Warfare
Sep 21, 11:34 PM - L. LARSON-WALKER & V. SELBO Hundreds of Thousands of Marchers Participate in the Largest Climate Rally in History
Sep 21, 9:00 PM - WILLA PASKIN - 5M to read Twenty Years After Its Debut, the Greatness of Friends Is Clearer Than Ever
Sep 21, 2:25 PM - DALLAS JENSEN Why Did Mars Go From a Warm, Wet Planet to a Chilly Desert? (Video.)
Sep 21, 2:21 PM - DANIEL POLITI - 2M to read Afghanistan Finally Has a New President but Vote Totals Kept Secret
Sep 21, 2:00 PM - SHARAN SHETTY - 1M to read Colin Farrell Will Star in True Detective’s Second Season
- Apple Invented the Perfect Way to Handle Your Giant New Phone NFL Jerk Watch: Roger Goodell
- Do People Still Die of Rabies? Gays on TV: From National Freakout to Modern Family Fun
- How to Organize Your Fridge What Really Caused the Nicaraguan Crater?
- Beware the Coffee Pot Ask a Homo: Secret Ally Codes
All Shook Up
My 11-year-old has been exploring herself with my “back massager.” Should I stop her?
Overgrown Mean Girls
Can of Worms
One Ugly Mother
Sometimes You Just Need to Print Your Photos the Old-Fashioned Way
This Is All That’s Left of New York’s Once-Thriving Borscht Belt
The Movies May Have Forgotten About Them, but Black Cowboys Are Thriving
Inside the Exclusive World of Members-Only Clubs
Ethereal Views of Earth From Way Up High
The Hidden Beauty of New York City’s Basements
The Crumbling and Abandoned Remains of Italy’s Once-Grand Discotheques
These Serene Duck-Hunting Dens Look Like Giant Bird Nests
- Slate Money Slate Money on Whether China Is the New Japan
- The Gist Mike Pesca’s Friend Dave Wants You to Listen to Xavier Sing
- Live at Politics & Prose Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Discusses Off the Sidelines, Her New Book
- Political Gabfest Are Progressives Too Pragmatic to Vote for Progressive Candidates?
Think You’re Smarter Than Slate’s Future Tense Weather Blogger? Find Out With This Week’s News Quiz.