Is Hillary Clinton Better at Talking About Racial Injustice Than Obama?
It may take the next white president to talk to white Americans about race.
Is It Hysterical to Prepare for War With Putin? Or Naive Not to?
Aug 29, 7:29 PM - DAVID WEIGEL - 2M to read Mitch McConnell's Campaign Manager Resigns After Being Ensnared in Iowa Ron Paul Scandal
Aug 29, 6:19 PM - JOSH VOORHEES - 5M to read Is Washington Too Eager to Forget This Summer’s “Humanitarian Crisis at the Border”?
Aug 29, 5:11 PM - JORDAN WEISSMANN - 1M to read So You’re Rich for an American. Does that Make You Rich for New York?
Aug 29, 4:19 PM - WILL OREMUS - 1M to read What a Swimming Pool Looks Like From the World’s Sharpest Commercial Satellite
Aug 29, 3:37 PM - REIHAN SALAM - 5M to read Mitt Romney Should Run for President in 2016. I’m Not Kidding.
Aug 29, 3:18 PM - SHAUN TURTON - 6M to read Bram Stoker’s Great-Grandnephew and a Dutch Nude Art Photographer Say They’ve Found Dracula’s Castle
Aug 29, 2:57 PM - EMILY TAMKIN - 2M to read The Most Important Race That Will Absolutely Change the Course of American Politics
- All the Strange Ways People Attract Mosquitos No, FXX’s Cropping Is Not Ruining the Simpsons Marathon
- Parasitic Plant Trades Deceptive Genetic Messages With Victims The Hypersonic Weapon of the Future (if It Ever Works)
- A 400-Year-Old Math Puzzle, Finally Solved Deans Losing It: The Supercut
- The Silent Trauma of War Correspondents Villains Love Classical: The Supercut
Don’t Bring the Pain
I have fantasies of hurting my 3-year-old nephew. Why?
Dad Who’s Deep in the Weed
Either the Dog Goes …
Dial M for Matricide
These Palm Springers Know How to Live the Good Life
A Unique African-American Culture, Hundreds of Years Old, That Could Go Extinct
Haunting Photographs of Artifacts From the Hiroshima Atomic Blast
What Animals Look Like When They Eat One Another
The Quiet Vulnerability of Children at the Bus Stop
This Is What Asia’s Longest River Looks Like
Take a Ride in One of Mumbai’s Iconic Taxis Before It’s Too Late
The Baltimore Bottle Cap Factory That Became a Haven for Musicians and Artists
The Troubling World of Koko the Gorilla The onetime star of ape-language research is at the center of a scandal.
- Political Gabfest Will the GOP Shut Down the Government Again?
- The Gist What Gilbert Gottfried Realized While Watching The Bionic Woman
- Mom and Dad Are Fighting What Black Parents Tell Their Kids About Ferguson
- The Gist Graphic Novelist Anya Ulinich Has Applied to Become a City Bureaucrat
“The first part of the first rule of campus behavior—Don’t do anything egregiously stupid—is sometimes difficult for an 18-year-old to obey, so memorize the second part of the first rule of campus behavior: Try to learn something from the egregiously stupid thing you have done.” A Gentleman’s Advice for Scholars
Keeping the Police Honest America’s police departments need greater accountability—and it must come from outside the forces.
The XX Factor
Managers Tell Women in Tech They Are “Abrasive” and Need to “Step Back” to “Let Others Shine”
What Happened at Slate This Week? Slate’s news editor Chad Lorenz shares the stories that most intrigued him this week.
The BCS Is Dead Here’s everything you need to know about the new college football playoff.