I was hit by a teacher in an East Texas public school. It taught me nothing.
Chief Justice John Roberts Says $1,000 Can’t Buy Influence in Congress. Looks Like He’s Wrong.
Sep 16, 6:00 AM - EMILY YOFFE - 9M to read Help! My Celebrity Ex Has a Worm Fetish. I Have Tapes. Can I Blackmail Him?
Sep 15, 9:05 PM - STEFAN FATSIS - 9M to read Roger Goodell and the NFL Thought They Had the Press Under Control. Not Any More.
Sep 15, 8:56 PM - DAVID WEIGEL - 3M to read The Benghazi Whistleblower Who Might Have Revealed a Massive Scandal on his Poetry Blog
Sep 15, 8:41 PM - A.J. MCCARTHY - 2M to read Adrian Peterson Doesn’t Even Deserve to Be on Your Fantasy Team. You Should Release Him.
Sep 15, 7:43 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read Extreme Tax Cuts Hurting Sam Brownback's Popularity Even in Republican Kansas
Sep 15, 7:27 PM - JORDAN WEISSMANN - 3M to read A No-Brainer Approach to Fighting Poverty: Better Birth Control
Sep 15, 6:24 PM - EMILY TAMKIN - 1M to read The U.S. Is Open to Working With Iran, but Iran Does Not Feel the Same Way
Sep 15, 5:37 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 3M to read What Stephen Colbert Is to Dumb Politicians, PFTCommenter Is to the Dumb NFL
Sep 15, 5:26 PM - DEE LOCKETT - 2M to read Robin Thicke’s Bizarre “Blurred Lines” Deposition Is Both Unflattering and Convenient
Sep 15, 5:23 PM - DEE LOCKETT - 1M to read For $10 Million, This Duo Will Write a New Song for You Every Year. This One’s Free.
- The Collected Wisdom of Morgan Freeman What Does Scotland Want Independence From, Exactly?
- Another Incredible Find Beneath Stonehenge Draft Beer or Bottled Beer: What’s the Better Deal at a Bar?
- An Eerie Mass Graveyard for Sunken Ships Who Is Black Adam? Who Is Shazam?
- The Great English Gin Bender How to Control Your iPhone With Your Head
Can of Worms
Prudie offers advice to a letter writer who wants to blackmail a famous ex with tapes of his fetish.
One Ugly Mother
The Hidden Beauty of New York City’s Basements
The Crumbling and Abandoned Remains of Italy’s Once-Grand Discotheques
These Serene Duck-Hunting Dens Look Like Giant Bird Nests
Would You Play Basketball Here?
Do You Think This Wallpaper Goes With My Feathers?
The Human Cost of South Africa’s Mining Industry
The Amazing Animals That Only Come Out at Night
The U.S. Open Like You’ve Never Seen It Before
The Good Word
Fingerprint Words The verbal tics that make up who we are—and how they spread to others.
- The Gist Storm Large Owns Her Sexuality
- Hang Up And Listen Why Do We Expect the NFL to Do Better Than the Rest of Society on Combating Domestic Violence?
- Slate Money Slate Money on Scotland, Municipal Bonds, and College Costs
- Live at Politics & Prose Maureen Corrigan Discusses So We Read On, Her New Book
Who Needs Test Scores and Transcripts? You Can Apply to Goucher With a Two-Minute Video About Yourself.
The XX Factor
Why Not Just Turn Campus Rape Allegations Over to the Police? Because the Police Don't Investigate.
“There’s No Tolerance for That” Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh say they don’t abide domestic abuse. So why do the Seahawks and 49ers have a combined six players accused of violence against women?