Your Thanksgiving Eve Snow Storm Liveblog
Ferguson Protesters Shut Down America’s Highways Last Night
Silly Conservative Meme: Thanksgiving Marked the Day the Pilgrims Gave Up on Socialism
Nov 26, 9:19 AM - ERIC HOLTHAUS - 2M to read Let's Give Thanks for Earth's Beautiful, Irreplaceable Atmosphere
Nov 26, 9:15 AM - CURTIS SITTENFELD - 7M to read Raising a Child With Food Allergies Has Shown Me How Generous People Can Be. I’m So Thankful.
Nov 26, 9:15 AM - JOSHUA KEATING - 2M to read How the U.S. Media Would Cover Thanksgiving if It Were in Another Country
Nov 26, 9:09 AM - JESSICA GROSE - 2M to read Leg of Lamb Instead of Turkey for Thanksgiving: One Family's Tragic Story
Nov 26, 7:56 AM - MARK JOSEPH STERN - 3M to read I’m Grateful to Be Gay—Otherwise I Might Have Been a Horrible Person
Nov 26, 6:56 AM - JILL KRASNY - 5M to read Thanksgiving leftovers: WISErg turns food scrap into fertilizer, prevents waste.
Nov 26, 6:00 AM - EMILY YOFFE - 7M to read Help! My Dying Mother Wrote Me Letters a Decade Ago. Do I Have to Keep Reading Them?
Nov 26, 12:07 AM - JAMELLE BOUIE - 5M to read Michael Brown Wasn’t a Superhuman Demon to Anyone but Darren Wilson
- The One Piece of Equipment You Need for Perfect Mashed Potatoes Follow the Bouncing Ball From The Great Escape to The West Wing and Beyond
- The End of Wrinkles What Happens in Your Mouth When You Kiss?
- How to Buy the Cheapest Alcohol in Your Home State How Much Does Drag Cost? A Lot More Than You’d Think.
- What Is This Strange Space Object? An Alternative Thanksgiving Pie for Pumpkin Haters
The notes my dying mother wrote to me a decade ago are haunting my life milestones.
I Want to Spend Thanksgiving Alone
The Malevolent Mentee
What It’s Like to Raise a Daughter With Down Syndrome
The Glory Days of British Professional Wrestling
A Side of Palestinian Life That Doesn’t Usually Make It Into the News
Inside India’s Amazing Customized Trucks
Meet the Supermodels of the Goat and Sheep World
Why Independent Bookstores Are More Than Just Places to Buy Books
A Glimpse Inside Crown Heights’ Hasidic Community in the ’90s
A New York Times Editor’s Photographic Ode to Her Office
- The Gist Holiday Cocktails Don’t Have to Be Highfalutin: Simple, Elegant Recipes From Brooklyn
- Hang Up And Listen Would Odell Beckham Jr. Have Made That Catch Without His Awesome, Football-Snagging Gloves?
- The Gist Mike Pesca Makes the Case Against Epidural Epicureanism
- Working How Does an Appliance Repairman Work?
Rudy Giuliani Doesn’t Understand Crime As Well As He Thinks The former New York City mayor doesn’t know the first thing about the intersection of race and crime.
Inside Higher Ed
Did We Offend You? What to do when asked not to sing about Andrew Jackson at your college.
Listen to Our November Music Roundup Hot tracks for our fall playlist, exclusively for Slate Plus members.
Moses and the American Constitution If Texas wants biblical characters and states’ rights in textbooks, publishers are happy to deliver.
Bad as They Wanna Be Is the Philadelphia 76ers’ lose-on-purpose approach to team-building ingenious or morally bankrupt?