Down With the Penn State Penalty
It’s time for the NCAA to end its pointless punishment of the Nittany Lions football program.
How the GOP Thinks It Can Win Female Voters: By Carefully Explaining That Women Are Wrong
Aug 29, 12:21 PM - CHAD LORENZ - SLATE PLUS What Should I Read From Slate This Week? Chad Lorenz Shares His Picks.
Aug 29, 11:46 AM - ERIC HOLTHAUS - 1M to read Today’s Most Impressive and Dangerous Volcanic Eruption Wasn’t in Iceland
Aug 29, 10:45 AM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read Ousted New England Supermarket President Makes Triumphant Return
Aug 29, 10:36 AM - JAMELLE BOUIE - 3M to read Is Hillary Clinton Better at Talking About Racial Injustice Than President Obama?
Aug 29, 10:18 AM - REBECCA ONION - 1M to read Gorgeous, Creepy Pages From a Late 19th-Century Art Nouveau Occult Calendar
Aug 29, 9:42 AM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read "I'm Not Your Brother," Says Officer Tasering Black Minnesota Man in Front of His Kids (Video)
Aug 29, 9:00 AM - VANESSA VITIELLO URQUHART - 3M to read Coming Out Still Makes Me Nervous. Will It Ever Be No Big Deal?
Aug 29, 9:00 AM - EMILY TAMKIN - 3M to read Will Everyone Shut Up Already About How the Nordic Countries Top Every Global Ranking?
- All the Strange Ways People Attract Mosquitos No, FXX’s Cropping Is Not Ruining the Simpsons Marathon
- Parasitic Plant Trades Deceptive Genetic Messages With Victims The Hypersonic Weapon of the Future (if It Ever Works)
- A 400-Year-Old Math Puzzle, Finally Solved Deans Losing It: The Supercut
- The Silent Trauma of War Correspondents Villains Love Classical: The Supercut
Don’t Bring the Pain
I have fantasies of hurting my 3-year-old nephew. Why?
Dad Who’s Deep in the Weed
Either the Dog Goes …
Dial M for Matricide
These Palm Springers Know How to Live the Good Life
A Unique African-American Culture, Hundreds of Years Old, That Could Go Extinct
Haunting Photographs of Artifacts From the Hiroshima Atomic Blast
What Animals Look Like When They Eat One Another
The Quiet Vulnerability of Children at the Bus Stop
This Is What Asia’s Longest River Looks Like
Take a Ride in One of Mumbai’s Iconic Taxis Before It’s Too Late
The Baltimore Bottle Cap Factory That Became a Haven for Musicians and Artists
The Troubling World of Koko the Gorilla The onetime star of ape-language research is at the center of a scandal.
- The Gist What Gilbert Gottfried Realized While Watching The Bionic Woman
- Mom and Dad Are Fighting What Black Parents Tell Their Kids About Ferguson
- The Gist Graphic Novelist Anya Ulinich Has Applied to Become a City Bureaucrat
- Live at Politics & Prose Marc Dunkelman Discusses The Vanishing Neighbor, His New Book
“The first part of the first rule of campus behavior—Don’t do anything egregiously stupid—is sometimes difficult for an 18-year-old to obey, so memorize the second part of the first rule of campus behavior: Try to learn something from the egregiously stupid thing you have done.” A Gentleman’s Advice for Scholars
Bobby Jindal’s Desperate Move The governor’s Common Core lawsuit is not about education in Louisiana. It’s just a stunt.
The XX Factor
Managers Tell Women in Tech They Are “Abrasive” and Need to “Step Back” to “Let Others Shine”
Fifty Years of Wilderness The Wilderness Act’s most practical, important protection is its prohibition on roads.
The BCS Is Dead Here’s everything you need to know about the new college football playoff.