The Oscars Snark Machine
See who’s more ruthless about the awards: comedians or film critics.
- Your Complete List of Winners
- Jimmy Kimmel Paid Tribute to Lackluster, Overrated Meryl Streep in His Opening Monologue
- Moana Star’s Performance Proved She Should Be in Live-Action Movies
- It Took Less Than 10 Minutes Before Someone Said “Hidden Fences”
The XX Factor
This Year, Oscars Fashion Was a Festival of Accessories
Feb 27, 12:34 AM - SAM ADAMS - 1M to read Barry Jenkins’ Speech for Moonlight’s Best Screenplay Oscar: “We Have Your Back”
Feb 27, 12:25 AM - MATTHEW DESSEM - 1M to read “Who’s Really In the Zoo?” Asks Jimmy Kimmel In This Existentially Horrifying Oscars Bit
Feb 27, 12:02 AM - DAVID CANFIELD - 1M to read The Oscars Did a Special Edition of Mean Tweets and the Miles Teller Burn Was Perfect
Feb 26, 11:09 PM - CHRISTINA CAUTERUCCI - 3M to read This Year, Oscars Fashion Was a Festival of Accessories
Feb 26, 11:04 PM - MATTHEW DESSEM - 1M to read Watch Justin Timberlake Open the Oscars With His Protest Song, “Can’t Stop the Feeling”
Feb 26, 10:53 PM - MARISSA MARTINELLI - 1M to read Auli’i Cravalho’s Oscar Performance Proved She Should Star in Live-Action Movies, Too
Feb 26, 10:34 PM - DAN KOIS - 1M to read Watch Oscar-Winning Director Asghar Farhadi's Powerful Protest Speech, Delivered in Absentia
Feb 26, 10:24 PM - DAVID CANFIELD Mahershala Ali Just Became the First Muslim Actor to Ever Win an Oscar
Feb 26, 9:52 PM - SAM ADAMS - 1M to read A Short List of Great Actors and Directors Who Now Have Fewer Oscars Than Suicide Squad
Feb 26, 9:30 PM - DAVID CANFIELD - 1M to read Jimmy Kimmel Paid Tribute to Lackluster, Overrated Meryl Streep in His Oscars Opening Monologue
Feb 26, 8:35 PM - MARISSA MARTINELLI - 1M to read The Oscars Telecast Lasted Less Than 10 Minutes Before Its First “Hidden Fences” Slip-Up
Feb 26, 7:12 PM - MARISSA MARTINELLI Watch the Hamilton Cast Move Oscar Nominee Lin-Manuel Miranda to Tears With a Surprise Moana Mashup
Feb 26, 7:05 PM - MARISSA MARTINELLI - 2M to read Moonlight Shocks Oscars, Winning Best Picture After Envelope Mixup Mistakenly Gave It to La La Land
- What It's Like to Find Your Calling as a Breast Animator "Refugees Pose Less of a Threat Than Trump. And They Pay More Taxes."
- Cityscapes Created Inside Toilet Paper Rolls The "Black Mambas," an All-Female Unit Protecting Rhinos From Poachers
- Watch Microscopic Reactions That Look Like Surreal Hollywood Effects No One Funny-Cried Better Than Mary Tyler Moore
- A Vanishingly Rare Sea Creature on Camera for the First Time A Sculpture That Looks Like It's Alive
My boyfriend says, “Good girl!” to me, and I like it.
Dear Prudence: The “Cats Can Be Gay” Edition
Don’t Mess With Ex-Texts
Help! My Boyfriend’s Addicted to Porn, and It’s Ruining Our Sex Life.
- Slate Money One More Reason Why You Should Consider Deleting Uber
- The Gist George Saunders Travels the Afterlife With Abraham Lincoln’s Son
- Represent Looking Back at the Historic 2002 Oscars
- Political Gabfest Is This the Deportation Force Trump Was Never Going to Create?
The Trump Administration’s Not-So-Benign Neglect While we’re watching the scandals du jour, the president and his top advisers are dismantling the federal government.
Steve Mnuchin Is Happy to Give Trump Credit for the Booming Stock Market. We’ll See How Long That Lasts.
“That Was My Play!” The future of sports just might be the Screaming Eagles, a football team controlled by fans with smartphones.