Close Your Heart
The Central African Republic’s sectarian civil war has divided a once peaceful nation, and pitted brother against brother.
ISIS Has Reportedly Killed American Journalist Steven Sotloff
A Better Way to Define Who’s “Rich” (It’s Not About Your Income)
Women in Action Movies Who Forgot Their Scrunchies
Don’t Take Nude Selfies. Just Laugh It Off.
Demeaning advice that Jennifer Lawrence and other hacked celebs don’t need.
In Defense of Amazon
I’m a writer, and my experience with this supposedly evil corporate behemoth has been fantastic.
“Don't Take Nude Selfies,” Shrug It Off, and Other Gross Advice for Hacked Celebs
An Author Writes in Defense of Amazon
- Explaining the New College Football Playoff System Female Action Stars Sure Do Flip Their Hair a Lot
- No, FXX’s Cropping Is Not Ruining the Simpsons Marathon All the Strange Ways People Attract Mosquitos
- Lock Pickers, Meet 3-D Printers The Best Things to Do in a Bear Encounter
- Parasitic Plant Trades Deceptive Genetic Messages With Victims The Hypersonic Weapon of the Future (if It Ever Works)
Dear Prudence Live Chat
For Sept. 2, 2014.
Don’t Bring the Pain
Dad Who’s Deep in the Weed
Either the Dog Goes …
The Many Stylings of Modern-Day Dandies
Here’s How to Vacation Norwegian Style
A Rock ’n’ Roll Star Who Uses Photography to Embrace the Darker Side of Life
These Palm Springers Know How to Live the Good Life
A Unique African-American Culture, Hundreds of Years Old, That Could Go Extinct
Haunting Photographs of Artifacts From the Hiroshima Atomic Blast
What Animals Look Like When They Eat One Another
The Quiet Vulnerability of Children at the Bus Stop
- Future Tense Algorithms Are Taking Over the World. Is That a Bad Thing?
- Slate Money Slate Money: Magic Tricks and Math
- The Gist Is Wanderlust a Good Reason to Call Off an Engagement?
- Political Gabfest Will the GOP Shut Down the Government Again?