The Oscars Snark Machine
See who’s more ruthless about the awards: comedians or film critics.
- Your Complete List of Winners, as the Statues Are Handed Out
- It Took Less Than 10 Minutes Before Someone Said “Hidden Fences”
- Here’s the Order in Which the Oscars Will Be Awarded Tonight
- Avoid an “Adele Dazeem” Moment With Our Pronunciation Guide
What’s a Celebrity to Do in the Age of Trump?
The rich and famous get mocked relentlessly for speaking up about politics. But they may not have a choice.
- What It's Like to Find Your Calling as a Breast Animator "Refugees Pose Less of a Threat Than Trump. And They Pay More Taxes."
- Cityscapes Created Inside Toilet Paper Rolls The "Black Mambas," an All-Female Unit Protecting Rhinos From Poachers
- Watch Microscopic Reactions That Look Like Surreal Hollywood Effects No One Funny-Cried Better Than Mary Tyler Moore
- A Vanishingly Rare Sea Creature on Camera for the First Time A Sculpture That Looks Like It's Alive
My boyfriend says, “Good girl!” to me, and I like it.
Dear Prudence: The “Cats Can Be Gay” Edition
Don’t Mess With Ex-Texts
Help! My Boyfriend’s Addicted to Porn, and It’s Ruining Our Sex Life.
- Slate Money One More Reason Why You Should Consider Deleting Uber
- The Gist George Saunders Travels the Afterlife With Abraham Lincoln’s Son
- Represent Looking Back at the Historic 2002 Oscars
- Political Gabfest Is This the Deportation Force Trump Was Never Going to Create?