Bobby Jindal’s Presidential Rollout Is Off to a Terrible Start
While other candidates went to Iowa, Jindal headlined an evangelical revival.
Will $900 Million Buy a Presidential Nomination?
Jan 28, 8:03 AM - MULTIPLE AUTHORS Let’s Clarify One Thing—You Can Make Store-bought Butter Better (Video)
Jan 28, 6:32 AM - FORREST WICKMAN - 1M to read How the Makers of White God Staged an Animal Uprising With 200 Dogs
Jan 27, 11:58 PM - ELLIOT HANNON - 1M to read Mexico Officially Declares All 43 Students Missing Since September Are Dead
Jan 27, 10:27 PM - ELLIOT HANNON - 1M to read Two Former Vanderbilt Football Players Convicted of Rape
Jan 27, 8:39 PM - ELLIOT HANNON - 1M to read Marshawn Lynch Says He’s Here for One Reason (You Won’t Believe What Happened Next)
Jan 27, 7:41 PM - BETSY WOODRUFF - 3M to read George Pataki May Be Running the Saddest Campaign for President
Jan 27, 7:31 PM - JORDAN WEISSMANN - 2M to read This Map Shows How Much of Each State's Income Goes to Its Top 1 Percent
Jan 27, 7:21 PM - SHARAN SHETTY Watch Stevie Nicks’ Wrenching, Candid Piano Performance of “Blue Water”
Jan 27, 6:47 PM - JIM FESTANTE The Asteroid That Just Passed Earth Appears to Have Its Own Moon (Video)
Jan 27, 6:45 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read At Least 10 Killed, Including an American, in ISIS-Linked Libya Terror Attack
Jan 27, 6:30 PM - ALISON GRISWOLD - 1M to read The iPhone 6 Just Shattered Apple’s Own Sales Records
Jan 27, 6:07 PM - JAMELLE BOUIE - 3M to read How the Koch Brothers Could Make, Break, or Reshape Republican Politics in 2016
Jan 27, 5:52 PM - BETH ETHIER - 1M to read Greece’s New Prime Minister Is Country's First to Take Non-Religious Oath of Office
- Adam Scott and Jason Schwartzman on Wearing Huge Prosthetic Penises Slash on His Favorite Horror Movies
- Director Craig Zobel on Faith vs. Science in His New Post-Apocalyptic Drama Sundance Star Shameik Moore on Music He Jams to
- Why Craig Zobel Cast Chiwetel Ejiofor in a Post-Apocalyptic Story Quinto on J.C. Chandor's Upcoming Movie About the BP Oil Spill
- Zachary Quinto on Why He Wanted to Make a Movie About an "Ex-Gay" Activist Michael Shannon on Ad-Libbing the Final Scene in 99 Homes
Prudie advises a mother whose baby won’t sleep through the night, making it hard to have sex.
The Lonely Gene
She Had Him First
The Right to Bear Arms?
No Boys Allowed
The Many Modern-Day Kings and Queens of Nigeria
How Much Can You Tell About a Person From a Simple Photograph?
Exploring Shanghai With Sidecar Motorcyclists
It Is Illegal to Kiss With a Mustache in Nevada, and Other Crazy U.S. State Laws
How a Daughter Connected With Her Hunting Heritage Without Actually Hunting
No Matter What You’re Into, There’s Probably a Convention for You
Can You Find the German Snipers and Experts in Camouflage Hiding in These Photos?
Weegee’s Classic Photos of New York City Moviegoers in the 1940s
The Myth of the Good Guy With a Gun The NRA is wrong: Owning a gun is far more likely to harm you than protect you.
- The Gist Chris Christie and the Smack Talk Express
- The Gist Why Windows 10? Because 7 Ate 9.
- Hang Up And Listen An Interview With Tennis Player Tim Smyczek About His Great Moment of Sportsmanship
- Lexicon Valley Masha Gessen on Translating Anna Karenina
View From Chicago
Why Do Judges and Politicians Flip-Flop? To investigate, Cass Sunstein and I conducted a series of surveys.
Slate Voice: “American Liar” Listen to Mark Joseph Stern read his piece about Jesse Ventura’s defamation suit against Chris Kyle.
Dear Patriots Haters A message from a Pats fan to all the chafing, crybaby chumps out there.