Tumbling Into the Screen
How watching movies with my daughter changed the way I thought about film.
When Jeb Bush and Bill Belichick Were High School Classmates
Jan 28, 3:07 PM - EMILY YOFFE Help! I’m Terrified of Public Speaking. How Will I Toast My Sister’s Wedding?
Jan 28, 2:45 PM - AMANDA MARCOTTE - 1M to read The Ghostbusters Casting News Is Totally Exciting. The Reaction to the News Is Even Better.
Jan 28, 2:33 PM - ALEC MACGILLIS - 5M to read When Jeb Bush and Bill Belichick Were High School Classmates
Jan 28, 1:24 PM - J. B. LOWDER & C. LESPERANCE - 1M to read Why Are Gays So Critical of HRC, GLAAD, and Other Advocacy Groups? (Video.)
Jan 28, 1:22 PM - AMANDA MARCOTTE - 2M to read Another Sign That Men’s Magazines Are Changing: Men’s Health Denounces “Pickup Artists”
Jan 28, 1:03 PM - JOSHUA KEATING - 2M to read Two Israeli Soldiers Are Killed as Israel Gets Pulled Deeper Into the Syrian War
Jan 28, 12:50 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY This Sinkhole That Ate a Car in Maryland Is a Pretty Good Sinkhole
Jan 28, 12:17 PM - BEN MATHIS-LILLEY - 1M to read Convictions for 1961 Civil Rights Sit-In Thrown Out in South Carolina
Jan 28, 12:13 PM - DAVE SMITH - 1M to read This Is What Happens When You Press “Insane Mode” in Tesla’s Dual-Motor Model S
- A Powerful Sundance Film in the Wake of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown Adam Scott and Jason Schwartzman on Wearing Huge Prosthetic Penises
- Slash on His Favorite Horror Movies Director Craig Zobel on Faith vs. Science in His New Post-Apocalyptic Drama
- Sundance Star Shameik Moore on Music He Jams to Why Craig Zobel Cast Chiwetel Ejiofor in a Post-Apocalyptic Story
- Quinto on J.C. Chandor's Upcoming Movie About the BP Oil Spill Zachary Quinto on Why He Wanted to Make a Movie About an "Ex-Gay" Activist
Tongue-Tied Maid of Honor
My sister’s getting married, but I'm terrified of public speaking.
The Lonely Gene
She Had Him First
The Right to Bear Arms?
A Gorgeous Look at Some of the Oldest Trees on Earth
The Many Modern-Day Kings and Queens of Nigeria
How Much Can You Tell About a Person From a Simple Photograph?
Exploring Shanghai With Sidecar Motorcyclists
It Is Illegal to Kiss With a Mustache in Nevada, and Other Crazy U.S. State Laws
How a Daughter Connected With Her Hunting Heritage Without Actually Hunting
No Matter What You’re Into, There’s Probably a Convention for You
Can You Find the German Snipers and Experts in Camouflage Hiding in These Photos?
The Myth of the Good Guy With a Gun The NRA is wrong: Owning a gun is far more likely to harm you than protect you.
- The Gist Chris Christie and the Smack Talk Express
- The Gist Why Windows 10? Because 7 Ate 9.
- Hang Up And Listen An Interview With Tennis Player Tim Smyczek About His Great Moment of Sportsmanship
- Lexicon Valley Masha Gessen on Translating Anna Karenina
The History of the Pocket Constitution How mini-Constitutions became popular long before the Tea Party.
Dear Patriots Haters A message from a Pats fan to all the chafing, crybaby chumps out there.