The Imperfect Victim
Galen Baughman seemed like an ideal spokesman for sex offenders’ civil rights. Then he got arrested for texting a teenage boy.
The Man Made to Put Trump in the White House
Paul Manafort reinvents tyrants. Imagine what he’ll do for Donald.
The Mercy Girls
These young women enrolled in an influential Christian counseling center for help. That's not what they found.
- A Tribute to Citizen Kane, From the Movies All of Jamie Vardy's Goals In One Video
- Yes, These Two Objects Are the Same Size. House Slate’s Review of the Game of Thrones Season 6 Premiere
- The First and Final Frames of TV Shows If Keanu Was About the Human Keanu
- Watch NASA's Incredibly Detailed Shots of the Northern Lights From Space How We Map the World's Oceans
I Won’t Be Your Father Figure
My boyfriend raised my twins but won’t let them call him “Dad.”
Man of My Middling Dreams
Lost to Lust
Help! Should I Tell My Friend That She’s Not a Virgin?
The Silent Sexuality
A Vibrant Look at the Landscape of Botswana
Here’s Why Drag Queens Around the World Love This Photographer
A Chinese Artist Addresses Food Safety and Other Social Issues by Hiding in His Photographs
What Exactly Is Life After Death if You’re a Cryonicist?
What It’s Like to Learn to Be a Real-Life Crime Scene Investigator
Where the Rich, Famous, and Beautiful Go for a Swim
These Gorgeous Images Are What Happens When Science and Photography Collide
What One Photographer Saw Traveling the U.S. by Train
- Amicus An Unlikely Defense of Virginia’s Disgraced Former Governor
- The Gist He Was the Second Astronaut on the Moon, but He’s the First Astronaut on The Gist
- Best of Slate Podcasts Can Ted Cruz Pull a Rabbit Out of an Indiana-Shaped Hat? The Week’s Best Slate Podcasts.
- Live at Politics & Prose Wayne Pacelle Discusses His New Book, The Humane Economy